When you get down, the proper reaction would be to get back up again, and if you have the right determination and will, smack the fool that pushed you down in the first place, so that he never messes with you again! Thats what I'm willing to do now, and hopefully I grow upon my actions to get to higher ground. The time has come for me to reveal this "place" that is part of the Dream, I'd like to call it my very own Vegas. An homage to the great singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles, and her song "Vegas" - "Gonna sell my car and go to Vegas, somebody told me, that's where dreams would be...", that place to me is Barcelona, Spain. You ask why? Well my main purpose is to "retrace my steps", go back to my roots, to where my ancestors once stood, and in my case that is Spain. Why Barcelona? The culture thrives there, it is very enticing, and all my life, my happy place has been somewhere on a beach. I've hesitated telling most people in speculation that some might connect it to some other recent events regarding Spain (World Cup win, Obama's visit, etc.) but in truth, I've been considering the idea of my Vegas for a while now, I just doubted myself for a long time. The recent events and deciphered signs I've recently gotten and asked for from God, only pushed the thought further into transforming the idea, to a dream, and in the future - a reality. Hows that for some determination? haha, but I guess this is the key post in this blog.
Now for the news, haha: following the recent death of my beloved grandmother, tomorrow is her memorial service here in the US, and I'm not completely looking forward to it, for various emotions and reasons. I've gotten some great successes with penpalling and I (thank God) have people constantly responding. With the upcoming start of the new school year, I'm just getting back on track, with less than a week left I'm slowly but surely, making progress into getting in sync with the school year and with the times. Oh the idea of bending time hahaha... MagnÃfico.
No comments:
Post a Comment