06 September 2010

saturday night Live (not the satirical show), losing humanity, and the shuffling amish...

Its ironic how I'm doing a post mostly about last night, tonight.  So everything is based on my memory from 24 hours ago, so call it a test for Alzheimer's if you want to, cuz I'm positive that I'll leave something I wanted really wanted to say last night, out.  If you're still reading, thanks haha.  I'll be talking about my Saturday now... Last night was an eventful one for I went downtown to Chicago to the Jazz Festival, I wanna point out that it was partially against my will because I didn't want to go in the first place.  After eating our routine Chinese lunch, my dad and I went to the train station to head to downtown Chicago for the annual Jazz Festival, I only had my iPod and my smartphone with me to keep me entertained when I was bored, and that happened a lot.  At the end of the day, I never really used them during the festival except as a watch, because who would walk around with headphones in their ears at a jazz festival where there's live music everywhere?  It would've just made it much more evident that you didn't belong.  After the train ride (which were the only times I listened to my music), we stepped out onto the streets of Chicago.  To tell you the truth, I actually always feel new to the city whenever I go there, I feel strangely fascinated at almost everything.  We walked about 20 min. of streets and got to the huge park where this event was taking place, we went in listened for a bit of small live performances, then we went to the main stage where there was about to be a band playing, and so we took our seats and for about the next two hours those metal chairs were my best friends.  After the opening ceremonies of the national anthem and some tributes, the concert started and soon enough I found out that they were a Latin Jazz group and so I didn't completely hate it.  My dad kept going away to somewhere, and so I just stayed there trying to stay awake with 3-4 hours of sleep on me, and listened.  The hour went by with me listening, drowsing off to sleep, and then staying awake again, until the last of the set came and another band went up to perform, I started to play around with my phone and continuously checked the time.  I thought it was still mid-afternoon and I started to get irritated, when the concert came to an end and I checked my time once again and found out that I had been looking at Los Angeles time, and so I was actually two hours behind the real time.  That blonde moment realization lifted the stress off me and I calmed a bit.  At about 6:30-7 we left our seats to another stage with contemporary jazz, the kind that I can handle the most and waited for the main act, a saxophonist whose name I cannot recall right at this moment.  After more upbeat and interesting music styles, the main act started and played some songs that I remember hearing a long while ago.  I think that was the most prominent event of the night, either that or the delicious chicken tenders and Arby's-like fries that we ate a while ago, and when it came to an end we headed back to the train station.  After taking another much quicker route, we happened to run across Amish folk, with a choir, and went to eat at a Starbuck's with a revolving door, while enjoying a toffee latte and pumpkin bread some Amish teenagers bought something and as they were leaving, two girls squeezed together into a slot in the revolving door and I laughed inside at how hilarious it looked as they shuffled and shimmied out the door while entrapped with each other in a pocket, so maybe that was the most prominent thing of my night.  Seeing that, we continued heading to the train station and waited.  I still felt a little more hungry and went to get McD's inside the station, and accidentally got a free iced tea!  We boarded the train and headed home for the night.  All throughout the day I've been getting thought bubbles and pangs at random about who I really was, and what I am.  I've been thinking about my objectiveness, fear, and abnormality that I don't really have anything to stand for, except my values of course, but with everything else I don't have opinions nor preferences.  I'm neutral and practically soulless.  I'm a machine.  I'd rather be thinking of solutions than problems though, so I might be trying even more new things to actually "be me" whatever that is.  I'm gonna try to address the elephants in the room at times, to clear air before breathing it in.  I think thats all I have for tonight, so I'll see ya.  I might double up and take new dance classes this week... Bareilles in Two

2 comments:

  1. Seek and you shall find :)

    Don't worry, God will show you who you are and what you're meant to do in this life in time :)

    I'm still searching, but at least I'm comfortable with who I am ^_^

    ReplyDelete